ENVIRONMENTAL HEALTH SUPERVISOR I
ON-SITE PROGRAM & FOOD/LODGING & INSTITUTIONS PROGRAM
ENVIRONMENTAL HEALTH DIVISION
$57,832 – $62,000 (Hiring Range)
Open Until Filled
District (Rutherford, Polk & McDowell Counties)
Description of Work:
- Direct supervision of the Environmental Health Specialists (On-site) and (Food-Lodging-Institutions) for the three-county district. Will be required to travel from county to county within the district.
- Serve as a resource to the Environmental Health staff with inspections and routine field work as necessary to support the staff in achieving goals and objectives.
- Position will be responsible for reviewing monthly payroll timesheets and travel expense reports
- Position will be responsible for completing 9-month Performance review’s on newly hired employees and annual Performance reviews on current employees.
- Position will serve as a field inspection representative for Environmental Health work in the practical enforcement of NC Statues and Rules of the Rutherford-Polk-McDowell District Health Department.
- Performs work in a comprehensive environmental health program including evaluation and inspections and permitting of, on-site sewage disposal systems, private water supplies and other related programs.
- Provides well head inspections and water samples at private residents.
- Assists Environmental Health Specialists in emergency situations by performing routine fieldwork.
- This position will develop and adjust schedules and job assignments as necessary to balance the workload to ensure established goals are met and to meet immediate daily program needs.
- Set long-term programmatic or operational goals and provide the necessary organization and support resources to accomplish these goals with established State guidelines.
Minimum Education And Experience:
Two years of experience at the Sanitarian level in Health Department.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Considerable knowledge of environmental health laws, rules and procedures. General knowledge of office administration and management to include personnel policies and procedures and the budget process. Comprehensive knowledge of the duties and responsibilities of a sanitarian. Ability to function as a sanitarian. Ability to plan for and supervise the work of a small environmental health staff. Ability to develop and express ideas and opinions concisely, comprehensively, and clearly in oral and written form.
Necessary Special Qualifications:
Registered as a Sanitarian by the N.C. State Board of Sanitarian Examiners.
To apply for this position, submit the required NC state application (PD-107) to the Rutherford-Polk-McDowell District Health Department Personnel Department, 221 Callahan-Koon Road, Spindale, NC 28160. Applications can be obtained from the Personnel Office or downloaded at www.rpmhd.org/hr/employment and can be emailed to email@example.com. This position will be posted until January 24th,2019. EOE