Processing Assistant IV
$25,253 – $32,829 (hiring range)
February 21st, 2020
McDowell County Health Department, Marion, NC
Description of Work:
• This position provides administrative support for the Environmental Health Department throughout the district and specifically the Environmental Health Program Director.
• The position is also responsible for compiling data for district and state Environmental Health reports, as well as financial receipts and accounting for the Environmental Health Department.
• The position is the primary customer service specialist for the Environmental Health Department.
• Responds to inquiries from realtors, contractors, builders and members of the public concerning Environmental Health services and program. Requests for records are required to be answered in a timely manner. Utilizes county GIS Mapping and tax parcel search programs to obtain information on properties such as PINs, property dimensions, and property ownership.
• Assists clients with researching and location permits and records for wells and septic systems. Communicates with the local Building Inspections Department and emails copies of Improvement Permits and Operation Permits. Updates and maintains mailing lists for contractors, swimming pool operators, tattoo artists, and food and lodging establishments. Regularly reviews pending well permits and contacts homeowners to see when wellheads are complete for final inspection and water samples.
• Enters data into Custom Data Processing (CDP) program for food and lodging program. This includes entry of newly permitted establishments and sometimes inspections. Complies data from monthly reports submitted by Environmental Health Specialists to submit to the State each month. Also, creates spreadsheets and reports from data generated by the computer log for applications and fees received. This requires the ability to calculate and record numbers accurately to generate quarterly and annual reports.
Minimum Education And Experience:
Graduation from high school and demonstrated possession of knowledge, skills and abilities gained through at least two years of office assistant/secretarial experience; or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
To apply for this position, submit the required NC state application (PD-107) to:
Foothills Health District
ATTN: Cindy Snyder (firstname.lastname@example.org)
221 Callahan-Koon Road
Spindale, NC 28160.
Applications can be obtained from the Personnel Office or downloaded at www.foothillshd.org Resumes without an accompanying PD-107 will not be considered. This position will be posted until Friday, February 21st, 2020 EOE