- Category: Hot Topics
- Created on Monday, 25 February 2013 19:03
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 30 November -0001 00:00
- Published on Friday, 01 March 2013 01:05
- Written by Super User
- Hits: 4208
The Rutherford Polk McDowell District Health Department is proud to join the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics during March in celebrating National Nutrition Month®. This year's National Nutrition Month theme is "Eat Right, Your Way, Every Day" and encourages consumers to develop a healthful eating plan that incorporates individual food choices and preferences.
Here are a few ways to "Eat Right, Your Way, Every Day" from the food and nutrition experts at the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics:
- Personalize your eating style: The easiest way to get the nutrients your body needs is to eat healthy foods you enjoy. Finding good-for-you foods that please your palette makes eating healthfully special and exciting.
- Eat for your lifestyle: Athletic, vegetarian/vegan, corporate and family lifestyles all have special nutritional needs, but eating right can be easy and tasty with attention to those foods that best help get you through the day.
- Incorporate cultural and ethnic traditions: Foods from around the globe often incorporate an abundance of unique, flavorful and nourishing ingredients. Keep traditions alive and bring the world to your family's table.
- Keep health concerns in mind: A healthful eating plan can help prevent and treat a variety of health concerns. With modification and moderation, you can still enjoy many of your favorite foods while meeting your nutritional needs and health goals.
- Make MyPlate your plate: Fill half of your plate with your favorite fruits and vegetables; keep protein portions lean and about three ounces; make at least half of your grain choices whole grains; and be sure to include low-fat or fat-free dairy.
As part of this public education campaign, the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics' National Nutrition Month website, which is located at www.eatright.org/nnm, includes a variety of helpful tips, fun games, promotional tools and nutrition education resources, all designed to spread the message of good nutrition around the "Eat Right, Your Way, Every Day" theme.
Visit the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics at www.eatright.org.