- Category: Hot Topics
- Created on Friday, 26 July 2013 12:26
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 30 November -0001 00:00
- Published on Thursday, 01 August 2013 00:00
- Written by Super User
- Hits: 3370
We all need immunizations (also called vaccines or shots) to help protect us from serious diseases. To help keep our community safe, the Rutherford Polk McDowell Distrct Health Department is proudly participating in National Immunization Awareness Month. Shots can prevent serious diseases like measles, diphtheria, and rubella. It's important to know which shots you need and when to get them.
Everyone age 6 months and older needs a seasonal flu shot every year. Other shots work best when they are given at certain ages.
• If you have a child age 6 or younger, find out which shots your child needs
• Find out which shots you or your teenager needs
Talk to our immunization nurses or your doctor to make sure that everyone in the family gets the shots they need. Our staff is available 8:30am until 5:00pm to help answer your questions.