- Category: Hot Topics
- Created on Monday, 01 February 2016 14:04
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 30 November -0001 00:00
- Published on Monday, 01 February 2016 09:05
- Written by Super User
- Hits: 2081
Heart disease is the leading cause of death for both men and women. To prevent heart disease and increase awareness of its effects, the Rutherford Polk McDowell District Health Department is proudly participating in American Heart Month.
You can make healthy changes to lower your risk of developing heart disease. Controlling and preventing risk factors is also important for people who already have heart disease. To lower your risk:
- Watch your weight.
- Quit smoking and stay away from secondhand smoke.
- Control your cholesterol and blood pressure.
- If you drink alcohol, drink only in moderation.
- Get active and eat healthy