|Job Title||Dental Assistant (32-hours)|
|Job Location||Collins Dental Center (Columbus, NC)|
|Salary Range||$25,253/yr - $32,829/yr|
|Closing Date||Open Until Filled|
|Job Description||95% - Prepares and arranges room and instrument trays for clinical use
- Cleans and sterilizes operatory and instruments using established protocols to maintain instrument sterilization and aseptic operatory conditions – complies with OSHA standards.
- Operates oral evacuation equipment, retractors, and air/water syringes
- Passes instruments to the dentist during dental procedures
- Mount films
- Topical fluoride when appropriate
- Rubber dam
- Any filing material directed by dentist
- Mixes cements, impression and filling materials
- Chooses shades
- Documents procedures – records all discussion between Doctor and client relating to options for treatment, problems they mention, home care habits, etc.
- Chart existing restorations/missing teeth, pathosis and treatment plan, oral cancer exam, health alters and x-rays
- Duplication of chart as needed
- Assisting front office to maintain records and recall system
- Understanding and practicing the HIPAA policy.
- Maintains equipment and instruments
- Monitors the clients actions and vital signs upon request from the dentist
- Explain procedure to parents/personal representative in basic oral hygiene care, any any post-op instructions
- Supply room:
- Assists in keeping supply room clean and organized
- Put needed supplies on clip board
- Be aware of how to use all dental material and equipment
- Conservative use of all supplies
- Report any problems with equipment on the list
- Effective communication skills with clients, caregivers and staff. Ability to communicate through an interpreter is necessary.
- The ability to effectively teach.
- Thorough knowledge of the community resources and ways of utilizing them to benefit the client.
4% Assists with other projects as requested. Each employee is cross-trained to fill in other positions in accordance with NC Dental Laws.
1% Available to respond in the event of a communicable disease outbreak or man made or natural disaster.
|How To Apply||Applicants must submit a currect resume and state application (PD107) to the address listed below. Applications can be obtained from our website at www.rpmhd.org/hr/employment or from the Employment Security Commission or from the following address:
RPM District Health Department
Attn: Personnel Department
221 Callahan Koon Road
Spindale, NC 28160