Helping First Time Parents Succeed
Nurse-Family Partnership has been a carefully tested program for first-time, low-income mothers for nearly 30 years.
Nurse-Family Partnership outcomes include:
- Improved prenatal health
- Fewer Childhood Injuries and Poisonings
- Fewer Subsequent Pregnancies
- Increased Maternal Employment
- Improved School Readiness For The Child
For every $1 invested in the program, there is $5.70 saved in high risk families.
Nurse-Family Partnership is a voluntary program where nurses visit low income women in their homes during their first pregnancy and throughout the first two years if their children's lives to accomplish three goals:
- Improve pregnancy outcomes by helping women obtain prenatal care, improving diet, reducing cigarette and substance abuse;
- Improve child health and development by helping parents provide responsible care for their children;
- Improve economic self sufficiency of the family by helping parents develop a vision for their own future.
There is no charge for the services.