The Breastfeeding Peer Counselor Program-is free for WIC participants. These girls are welcoming and friendly and will tell you some really neat stuff about breastfeeding. Chances are that you have probably heard one or two things, but there is a lot of information out there and it is hard to tell which the good information is and which is not. There are so many benefits and other interesting facts about breastfeeding that you may not know, so these girls will let you know some of them! And if you should have any questions after you deliver, need any help or support breastfeeding, or you would just like someone to call and check on how everything is going and remind you that you are doing an incredible thing for yourself and your baby, then these girls will do that too!

[table id=1 /]


Our goal is to help a woman return to work or school and not give up breastfeeding. WIC gives breastfeeding supplies to WIC participants who are separated from her baby while at work or school. We will give you information about hand expression of breast milk, a hand pump or electric pump all at no charge to you if you are in the WIC Program. WIC has loaner electric breast pumps for WIC participant’s if there is a need during separation caused by illness or work.

For mom’s that are working or in school, we have pumps that you may qualify to receive. They are a very nice (and expensive!) electric pump (made by Medela). It is your own personal pump as a thank you for giving your baby the best-Your Breast Milk! We also give out other supplies if needed but mostly give you current, accurate, supportive breastfeeding information and referrals.



In accordance with Federal civil rights law and U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) civil rights regulations and policies, the USDA, its Agencies, offices, and employees, and institutions participating in or administering USDA programs are prohibited from discriminating based on race, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, or reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity in any program or activity conducted or funded by USDA. Persons with disabilities who require alternative means of communication for program information (e.g. Braille, large print, audiotape, American Sign Language, etc.), should contact the Agency (State or local) where they applied for benefits. Individuals who are deaf, hard of hearing or have speech disabilities may contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339. Additionally, program information may be made available in languages other than English. To file a program complaint of discrimination, complete the USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form, (AD-3027) found online at:, and at any USDA office, or write a letter addressed to USDA and provide in the letter all of the information requested in the form. To request Chapter 4: CIVIL RIGHTS 4 Section 2: PUBLIC NOTIFICATION NC WIC Program Manual October 2016 a copy of the complaint form, call (866) 632-9992. Submit your completed form or letter to USDA by: (1) mail: U.S. Department of Agriculture Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights 1400 Independence Avenue, SW Washington, D.C. 20250-9410; (2) fax: (202) 690-7442; or (3) email: